A program for a PIC 16F877 microcontroller with a 2x16 line LCD
panel that shows the number of days, hours, minutes and seconds
The program continues the work on the FSR data stack architecture,
providing functions for LCD panel, vectored execution and base
conversion and then placing them into a working example.
- uses TMR0 at 1:256 prescale at 4MHz with interrupts as the source
of the 1Hz time source,
- interrupt service routine increments time and sets a flag which is
monitored by a main function,
- main function waits for flag to be set, fetches the counter with
an interlock, and then displays it on the LCD.
- minimal use of file registers,
- execution speed not an issue,
- construction of reusable peripheral modules,
This project was built on a Dontronics DT106A PCB, using a PIC 16F877
and a 4MHz crystal. I didn't make a schematic diagram, but worked to
Don's schematic. If you wish to recreate this device, see Don's page
for the DT106, at http://dontronics.com/dt106.html,
he has schematics and assembly instructions. I made no significant
modifications to his hardware.
|2002-04-17||Add hardware section due to
| up |